Friday, July 13, 2018

Primitivo - Day 14: O Pedrouzo to Santiago (20.1km on 7/13/18)


I left the albergue by 6:30am and was feeling energetic so set a nice pace.  Stopped once for a very quick cafe cortado and walked the rest of the way only stopping to stamp my pilgrim “passport” twice.  Arrived the square in front of the cathedral before 11am and was glad to be done since the sun was becoming quite warm. I felt like I was finally in “camino fitness” mode and with no foot problems or unusual aches.  Too bad it has to be over but I am looking forward to being home. The walk has been 320km (200 miles) done in 14 days and averaging 14 miles per day. A pretty satisfying walk for this 68 year old! I’m staying tonight the “Roots and Boots” albergue.  Not too far from the cathedral and in a neat older building. I’m on the 3rd floor and have a view of the cathedral from my dormitory. Away from the street there’s a garden area with a covered dining area so it’s quite nice. Tomorrow I’ll change to the “Last Stamp Albergue” and then fly home Santiago - Madrid - London - Seattle.

After arriving I did the usual routine then picked up my pilgrim’s compostela and met fellow hospitalero for beer and then later for dinner.

Lots of pilgrims on the morning path

The square in front of the Santiago Cathedral.  Completed in 1211 and the destination of all the Caminos de Santiago.

Nice Austrian family - parents and 3 teens that I met last night.  They walked the same route.

No comments:

Post a Comment