Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Primitivo - Day 11: San Roman de Retorta to Melide (28.1km on 7/10/18)

Well, the "dog ate my homework" again.  By that, I mean that the android blogger program deleted the post when I saved it.  Not sure what's going on but there's nothing that can be done other than to save the post and then publish.  Most times, that works fine but sometimes the published version is missing most or all of the content.  I can easily get the verbage back from my diary but pictures are gone.  Ah, well!

Well, I could grab a few photos but they are in reverse order so the day's walk would read bottom to top.


Left Albergue 6:40am and arrived Melide at 2pm, checking in to Albergue O Candil.  Along the way stopped twice for snacks and made steady time. Much of the path was one lane paved roads with some gravel lanes and a few shaded paths.  After 18km crossed the last “big hill” at 700m and then downhill the rest of the way to Melide. The sun burned through the morning mist by ~9am and was warm for walking.  Fortunately the last 10km included quite a bit of shaded areas. Arrived Melide feeling quite hot and tired! Too bad there was no midway places to spend the night as I’ve plenty of days before I want/need to reach Santiago and it would have been nice to keep in the 15-20km per day range.  After the usual shower/laundry routine I wandered the village a bit but the heat and tired feet made that less enjoyable than usual. Melide is very well known for octopus (pulpo gallego) so hope to have that or perhaps some chipirones but will need to wait until things open for dinner.



Add caption














No comments:

Post a Comment